Kolkata is a city that’s known for its rich history, culture, and delicious street food. From crispy kathi rolls to steaming hot jhal muri, Kolkata has something to offer for everyone’s taste buds. Here’s a list of the best street food in Kolkata that you must try:
- Kathi Rolls: Kathi Rolls are a quintessential Kolkata street food. These crispy rolls stuffed with succulent pieces of meat, chicken, or paneer, and served with a tangy chutney, are a must-try for anyone visiting Kolkata.
- Jhal Muri: Jhal Muri is a popular street snack made with puffed rice, peanuts, vegetables, and a mix of spices. It’s a light and refreshing snack that’s perfect for those on the go.
- Ghugni: Ghugni is a spicy curry made with chickpeas and served with crispy bread or puffed rice. It’s a hearty snack that’s perfect for those looking for something filling and delicious.
- Phuchka: Phuchka, also known as pani puri, is a popular street food in Kolkata. These crispy shells filled with spicy potato and tamarind water are a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
- Telebhaja: Telebhaja is a type of fritter made with different types of vegetables, including eggplant, potato, and onion. It’s a perfect snack to enjoy with a hot cup of tea on a rainy day.
- Aloo Kabli: Aloo Kabli is a popular street food that’s made with boiled potatoes, tamarind chutney, and a mix of spices. It’s a perfect snack to enjoy on a lazy afternoon.
- Churmur: Churmur is a type of chaat made with mashed potatoes, fried bread, tamarind chutney, and a mix of spices. It’s a perfect snack for those who love their food spicy and tangy.
- Mughlai Paratha: Mughlai Paratha is a popular street food in Kolkata that’s made with minced meat and vegetables, wrapped in a paratha. It’s a hearty and delicious snack that’s perfect for those looking for something filling.
- Chow Mein: Chow Mein, also known as Chinese noodles, is a popular street food in Kolkata. These noodles are stir-fried with vegetables and meat, and served with a spicy sauce.
- Dimer Devil: Dimer Devil is a type of egg chop made with boiled eggs, minced meat, and spices. It’s a perfect snack for those looking for something different and delicious.
In conclusion, Kolkata’s street food is a must-try for anyone visiting the city. These delicious snacks are not only tasty but also offer a glimpse into the city’s vibrant food culture. So, the next time you’re in Kolkata, be sure to try these mouth-watering street foods and indulge in the city’s culinary delights.