Kolkata, often celebrated for its rich culinary heritage and gastronomic diversity, is no stranger to the beloved momo, a delectable dumpling of Tibetan origin. Over the years, momos have carved a special place in the hearts of Kolkatans, becoming a popular street food and an essential part of the city’s food culture. If you’re a momo enthusiast or just curious to explore the best momo places in Kolkata, this article is your ultimate guide to a delightful dumpling adventure.
- Kusum Rolls: Located on Park Street, Kusum Rolls is a legendary eatery known for its kathi rolls. However, don’t miss their chicken and paneer momos. These succulent momos are served piping hot and come with a range of delectable sauces.
- Wow! Momo: Wow! Momo is a Kolkata-born chain that has taken the momo scene by storm. With numerous outlets across the city, they offer a wide variety of momos, including both steamed and fried options, stuffed with everything from classic chicken to chocolate and cheese.
- Momo I Am: Momo I Am is a trendy restaurant that elevates the humble momo to an art form. Their menu boasts a creative selection of momos, from the fiery Bhut Jolokia Momo to the delectable Tandoori Momos.
- Tibetan Delight: This small eatery in Bhawanipore serves authentic Tibetan momos at pocket-friendly prices. Their chicken and pork momos, served with a fiery dipping sauce, are a favorite among locals.
- Blue Poppy: Blue Poppy, located in Kalighat, is another go-to spot for delicious Tibetan cuisine. Their momos are known for their authentic flavors and generous fillings. The cozy ambiance adds to the overall dining experience.
- Campari: Campari, in Elgin Road, is famous for its delectable chicken and pork momos. These momos are served with a flavorful broth and a variety of dipping sauces, creating a memorable taste experience.
- Momo Plaza: Situated in Salt Lake City, Momo Plaza is a haven for momo lovers. They offer an extensive menu with diverse options, including both vegetarian and non-vegetarian choices, ensuring there’s something for everyone.
- Hot Momos: True to its name, Hot Momos serves piping hot and flavorful momos in a cozy and casual setting. Located in Gariahat, this place is a favorite among students and families alike.
- Nakur Chandra Nandy: If you’re exploring North Kolkata, Nakur Chandra Nandy in Baranagar is a hidden gem. Their steamed chicken momos are soft, succulent, and incredibly satisfying.
- Street Vendors in New Market: For those who prefer the thrill of street food, New Market is a haven for momo lovers. Several street vendors set up shop here, offering delicious momos at unbeatable prices.
Kolkata’s love affair with momos is undeniable, and the city boasts a variety of places where you can savor these delightful dumplings. Whether you’re in the mood for classic chicken momos or experimental variations like chocolate momos, Kolkata’s momo scene has something for every palate. So, the next time you’re in the city, be sure to embark on a momo trail to discover the authentic and innovative flavors that make Kolkata’s momo places a true culinary treasure.