Kolkata, also known as the cultural capital of India, is known for its rich heritage and vibrant food scene. But there is another aspect of the city that is gaining popularity – wellness. With an increasing awareness about the importance of a healthy lifestyle, Kolkata has witnessed the emergence of several wellness centers, spas, and yoga studios. In this article, we will take a look at the latest wellness trends in Kolkata and highlight some of the top places to visit.
- Yoga Studios: Yoga is an ancient practice that has gained immense popularity in recent years. In Kolkata, there are several yoga studios that offer a variety of classes, ranging from traditional Hatha yoga to more modern forms such as power yoga and aerial yoga. Some of the top yoga studios in the city include The Yoga Room, Arhanta Yoga, and Yogshala.
- Spas: If you are looking to relax and unwind, Kolkata has a number of luxurious spas that offer a range of treatments such as massages, facials, and body scrubs. Some of the best spas in the city include The Oberoi Grand Spa, The Spa at Taj Bengal, and Sohum Spa.
- Wellness Centers: Wellness centers in Kolkata offer a holistic approach to health and wellness, combining traditional practices such as Ayurveda and naturopathy with modern treatments such as acupuncture and aromatherapy. Some of the top wellness centers in the city include Wellness Zone, Soukya Health Center, and Om Yoga Academy.
- Healthy Eating: Along with fitness and relaxation, healthy eating has become an important aspect of wellness. Kolkata has a number of restaurants and cafes that offer healthy and nutritious food options, using locally sourced ingredients. Some of the top places to try include The Yoga House, The Kitchen at Hyatt Regency, and The Whistling Kettle.
- Meditation Centers: Meditation is another ancient practice that has gained popularity in recent years, with numerous benefits such as reducing stress, improving concentration, and increasing self-awareness. Kolkata has several meditation centers that offer classes and workshops, including The Art of Living Center, The Brahma Kumaris, and The Vipassana Center.
In conclusion, Kolkata’s wellness scene is thriving, with a range of options for those seeking to improve their physical and mental health. Whether you are looking to try yoga, relax at a spa, or eat healthy food, Kolkata has something for everyone.