As the festive fervor sweeps through the streets of West Bengal during Durga Puja, one cannot deny the charm of sipping on a cup of coffee or enjoying a delightful meal in a cozy café amidst all the festivities. While pandal-hopping and participating in the grand celebrations are an integral part of Pujo, taking a break and unwinding at one of the city’s best cafés can be a refreshing and delightful experience. In this article, we will explore some of the best cafés you can visit this Pujo to take a breather from the hustle and bustle and enjoy some quality time with friends and family.
- Flurys: Located in the heart of Kolkata, Flurys is an iconic tearoom that has been serving delectable cakes, pastries, and fine teas for generations. During Pujo, they offer a special Puja menu featuring traditional Bengali sweets and snacks. It’s the perfect place to indulge in some mouthwatering treats.
- The Coffee House: A Kolkata institution, The Coffee House is a historic café that has been a gathering place for intellectuals, artists, and locals for decades. Situated near College Street, it’s a great spot to engage in intellectual conversations over a cup of coffee and add a cultural touch to your Pujo experience.
- Mrs. Magpie: With its charming, vintage-inspired decor and delicious cakes, Mrs. Magpie offers a cozy atmosphere for Pujo enthusiasts. Their cupcakes and baked goods are not only visually appealing but also incredibly scrumptious. It’s an ideal place to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Cafe Alchemy: Located in the heart of Kolkata, Cafe Alchemy is known for its serene ambiance and exceptional coffee. This café offers a tranquil escape from the Pujo crowds, making it a great choice for those seeking a more peaceful environment to relax and rejuvenate.
- The Whistling Kettle: For tea connoisseurs, The Whistling Kettle is a haven. They offer an extensive range of teas from around the world, and during Pujo, you can enjoy special blends inspired by the festivities. Pair your tea with some delectable snacks for the perfect Pujo afternoon.
- 8th Day Café & Bakery: This café offers a blend of Indian and international cuisines, making it an excellent choice for those looking for a diverse menu. From savory sandwiches to decadent desserts, 8th Day Café has something for everyone in your Pujo group.
- Oxford Bookstore Café: Situated within the historic Oxford Bookstore in Kolkata, this café is a book lover’s paradise. You can sip on a latte while browsing through a vast collection of books. It’s an excellent choice for those who want to combine their love for literature with a café experience.
Durga Puja is a time of celebration, and what better way to celebrate than by indulging in some delightful culinary experiences at the best cafés in the city? These cafés not only offer great food and beverages but also provide a peaceful escape from the Pujo crowds. So, this festive season, take a break from pandal-hopping and immerse yourself in the charming ambiance and flavors of these cafés. Whether you’re a coffee lover, tea enthusiast, or a fan of sweet treats, there’s a café waiting to make your Pujo experience even more memorable.